- The terms and conditions set out below shall be the basis of all Contracts of Hire with Your Equip Ltd which shall be concluded by a Rental Agreement form by any person, persons or body corporate and the handing over of goods by Your Equip Ltd on the basis of such Rental Agreement.
- In these terms and conditions Your Equip means Your Equip Ltd whose principal place of business is 2 Lyon Close, Leicester, LE18 2BJ. The hirer shall mean any person, persons or body corporate entering into a rental agreement with Your Equip Ltd for the hire of goods and equipment. “Goods and equipment” referred to in “The terms and conditions” refer to those set out below and shall be the sole conditions of any contract with Your Equip Ltd subject to any addition or amendment which shall be in writing and ratified by a Director of Your Equip Ltd.
3. The Period of Hire:
- The period of hire shall commence with the hirer taking possession of the equipment (whether or not such receipt shall have been from Your Equip Ltd) and shall terminate when equipment is returned. It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain such receipt for the return of equipment which will represent sole evidence of the return of equipment to Your Equip Ltd.
- Where equipment is delivered or collected by hirer, hirer’s servant or agents such delivery or collection is at the hirer’s risk and expense and the hirer shall be liable for physical loss and damage and delay to the equipment from the time the equipment leaves Your Equip Ltd’s premises until it is returned to Your Equip Ltd’s premises whether or not the equipment is being delivered or collected by Your Equip Ltd or is in the custody of Your Equip Ltd, it’s directors, servants or agents.
- The hirer will satisfy himself on taking possession of all equipment that it is in good working order and in undamaged condition. The hirer’s signature on the rental agreement will be taken as conclusive evidence that such agreement has been satisfied. Any matters relating to the sub-standard condition or working of the equipment must be referred to Your Equip Ltd and (if the rental is to proceed) a note endorsed on the Rental Agreement to be countersigned by Your Equip Ltd.
- All equipment on hire remains the absolute property of Your Equip Ltd.
- The hirer shall have no authority to transfer or otherwise part with possession of the equipment during the period of hire unless the express written consent of Your Equip Ltd is first obtained.
- In the event that the hirer intends to take equipment out of the main land of England, Scotland or Wales or use the same for any abnormal or hazardous assignment then consent must first be obtained from Your Equip Ltd who may at their sole discretion vary the terms of the rental.
5. Damage or Loss to Equipment Hired:
- It shall be the absolute responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safe keeping of equipment and the hirer will indemnify Your Equip Ltd in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused whilst in the hirer’s possession.
- All damage or loss will be notified to Your Equip Ltd immediately (or as soon as practicable) following which the goods must be returned to Your Equip Ltd for repair or replacement should repair be uneconomic. The hirer may carry out repairs to the damaged equipment with the express consent of Your Equip Ltd and shall otherwise make no attempt to examine diagnose repair or remove the outer casing of the equipment hired.
- The hirer shall be liable to pay the full cost of replacement of any equipment lost or damaged beyond repair with reference to new equipment of the same or nearest available specification.
- In the event of loss or damage to equipment the period of hire will without further reference to the hirer extend until such time as full reimbursement for the cost of replacement of the lost or damaged equipment has been made whether or not such period extends beyond that of the original rental agreement.
- Your Equip Ltd shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for losses incurred by the hirer due to faulty or non-functioning equipment during the period of hire. Your Equip Ltd will however take all steps to ensure that faulty equipment is replaced as soon as possible with either the same or similar equipment.
- The hirer will indemnify Your Equip Ltd at all times fully against any liabilities, demands, actions, claims or proceedings arising from or in connection with the equipment hired.
- In the event that the hirer shall create, use with or in conjunction to any equipment hired any unique or original material or matter Your Equip Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the loss, damage or imperfection of any such material and the hirer will be fully indemnify Your Equip Ltd in respect of any such claims by a third party.
7. Rental Fees:
- During the Rental agreement the hirer will pay the rental fee as specified in the Rental Agreement plus V.A.T. In the event of the Rental Agreement specifying a daily rate then such rate will be charged to the end of the day on which the equipment is returned.
- Your Equip Ltd reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee not exceeding the full rental charge under the Rental Agreement.
- All fees under the Rental Agreement will be discharged at the time of the hirer returning the equipment or with the specific consent of Your Equip Ltd up to thirty days after the date of any invoice subsequently issued.
- Your Equip Ltd reserve the right to determine the contract and recover any equipment hired in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation of the hirer.
- Where the hirer is a body of corporate registered in the United Kingdom, Your Equip Ltd may in their sole discretion require a surety to the Rental Agreement. The surety hereby agrees to indemnify Your Equip Ltd in respect of all sums due under the Contract of Hire in the event of partial or total default by the Hirer Company.
- Payment for hire goods ordered shall be made at the time of delivery unless the customer shall have been granted a credit account. Such facility shall have been agreed by Your Equip Ltd in writing and the existence of a credit account will be indicated on the hire invoice together with the specific credit period. In the absence of any specific credit period the invoice shall be construed to express a maximum period of thirty days.
- Your Equip Ltd reserve the right to add to any overdue balance at the due date an additional sum calculated by reference to 4% per annum above clearing bank base rate for the time being on any outstanding balance accruing on a daily basis.
- Where an order made by customers is accepted by Your Equip Ltd and a deposit is paid over by the customer and such sum is agreed between the parties, Your Equip Ltd reserve the right to retain the full amount of the deposit to set against any costs they incur in fulfilling the customer’s order.
- Orders cancelled before one-month prior to start of hire will incur a charge of 50% of the total hire charge.
- Orders cancelled or substantially reduced within one month of start of hire will incur a charge of 100% of the total hire charge.
10. Force Majeure
- The performance of Your Equip Ltd’s obligations hereunder is subject to variation or cancellation consequent upon an ‘Act of God’, war, strikes, riot, lock-outs, or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, or any other cause beyond the control of Your Equip Ltd In the event of frustration of the Hire Contract due to any of the above causes the Hire Contract shall be deemed to be complete and upon written notice by Your Equip Ltd to the Hirer to that effect Your Equip Ltd shall refund to the Hirer any monies received in respect of the Hire Contract less 10% which shall be retained by Your Equip Ltd in respect of its costs and expenses.
11. Hire/Transport Charges and On Site Care
- The equipment will usually be delivered the day prior to use and collected the following day (subject to availability).
- Delivery charges are available on request.
- Delivery is to the street level/ground floor with step free access within reason (up to 10 meters from nearest available parking point) or up to 10 meters in to a building on the ground floor. Please note there may be extra charges if although delivery is to street level/ground floor and step free access there are then also narrow corridors and entry points, or if loading is hazardous. Delivery is to a single point where the goods may be held safely.
- Delivery via stairs or lifts is subject to extra charges.
- Out of hours delivery and collection may be made by prior arrangement but will be subject to an additional charge.
- Customers are more than welcome to collect orders from our premises. Please see our opening times.
- Your Equip Ltd is not liable for late or non-delivery or collection due to circumstances beyond its control and can give no specific delivery or collection times.
- Your Equip Ltd is not liable for any parking fines received whilst delivering goods if a suitable drop off point is not allocated. Any fines received will be passed on to the Hirer.
- The goods remain the property of Your Equip Ltd at all times.
- Unless other arrangements have been agreed by Your Equip Ltd in writing, upon collection, the goods are to be dismantled and stacked together, as close to where our vehicle can park as reasonably practicable. In an instance where that is not the case, e.g. the Equipment are scattered around a venue in multiple rooms or tables are still fully set, additional labour charges may apply for the additional time spent collecting.
- The Equipment is not to be removed to any other location while on hire unless agreed in writing with Your Equip Ltd first.
- Late return of goods will incur full relevant Hire Charges, plus any costs incurred due to subsequence interference with any other orders.
- If we are required to redeliver or collect as a result of you or your representative not being available at the delivery time or collection time arranged with Your Equip Ltd, you will be liable for an additional charge.
- Your Equip Ltd will always endeavour to arrive as scheduled and has a strong track record for being on time. This may not always be possible due to traffic, weather conditions, issues with other jobs and any other delays. For this reason, Your Equip Ltd recommends scheduling delivery to a ‘safe’ time which allows for the worst-case scenario and your event to function with other arrangements. Your Equip Ltd can accept no responsibility for a Hirer’s failure to account for this matter and will not compensate beyond the value of any monies taken for any given job.
- If Your Equip Ltd is at fault and in breach of the Hire Contract with the Hirer Your Equip Ltd may refund partial or whole delivery fees. This will be based on how late Your Equip Ltd are, and whether the Hirer had allowed sufficient time as per Your Equip Ltd’s guidelines to account for this.
- During “set-up” The Hirers are advised to adhere to the plan agreed at the time of confirming the Hire Contract. The “set-up” service is only performed once per ordered time. If the hirer is not happy with the plan upon completion, depending upon other commitments Your Equip Ltd may refuse to spend additional time on site amending the “set-up”. Your Equip Ltd may also charge for any additional labour time spent on site if the plan changes or Your Equip Ltd are obstructed from setting up.
- Your Equip Ltd must be sent a set-up plan at least 2 weeks before the agreed set up date.